We have an unfailing commitment to safety first, every single day, no matter how large or small the project, and that is why it is included as one of our core values. We do this not just because of mandated safety requirements, but because we genuinely believe that every employee should return home safely to their family every week. We continually invest in safety training for our employees. Additionally, our subcontractors are committed to our safety programs and zero injury goals. We have an outstanding safety record, as evidenced by the awards we have received over the years.
BCA Safety Awards presented to K&H Construction
- 2004 – 25% Better Than Lost Time National Average
- 2010 – Zero Injury Award
- 2011 – Zero Injury Award
- 2013 – Zero Injury Award
- 2015 – Participation Award
- 2017 – Safety Recognition Award
- 2017 – Kendall Ringger – Supervisor Safety Award
- 2019 – Safety Excellence Award Best in Class for 1K-50K hours
AEP Safety Awards presented to K&H Construction
- AEP Telecom Contractor Safety Award 2017
- AEP Telecom Contractor Safety Award 2018
Our Safety Training
- CPR/First Aid
- OSHA 10 hour
- OSHA 30 hour
- OSHA Trenching and Excavation Safety
- Qualified Rigging and Signalperson Training
- Fall Protection for the Competent Person
- Hazard Communication
- Silica Training for the Competent Person
More about our commitment to safety
- We provide and require use of safety gear (hard hats, safety glasses, high-visibility t-shirts and vests, etc.)
- We have stringent pre-hire and transportation practices to ensure safety in these areas.
- We conduct company safety trainings at least twice per year.
- We invite our vendors to share the most up-to-date safety information with our team.